I know it seems I’m on a bit of a curry bender at the moment. That’s probably true. For me it ticks all the boxes. Fast. Cheap. Easy. Healthy. Yummy. Winner!
Enter this Indonesian Seafood curry! 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- Butter or oil (for pan)
- 1kg Marinara mix (mixed seafood)
- 1 medium sweet potato, small cubes
- 1 Head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 Bunch of bok choi, chopped
- Indonesian Spice Mix*
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 stick of lemon grass, chopped
*This Indonesian spice mix is my own concoction. It contains:
- 1/2 Tbsp sambal oelek (indonesian style red chilli paste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ABC spread (almond, brazil nut, cashew)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground harissa (Middle Eastern spice)
- Butter, applied to pan liberally
- From here on out you are stirring regularly
- Add sweet potato cubes, stir for 5 minutes
- Add garlic
- Add lemongrass
- Add broccoli
- Add zucchini
- Add bok choi
- Stir, stir, stir!
- Add spices in order above
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Kick ass!
Obviously, to make this vegetarian you can just remove the seafood, or exchange it for tofu, etc.
So give this Indonesian seafood curry (or variation) a try and let us know how you got on in the comments!