Packed with nutrition, this Red Wine Ratatouille recipe makes 5 serves of vegetables per day easy to achieve!
Red Wine Ratatouille
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 eggplant, chopped into 2x2cm pieces
- 12 button mushroom, quartered
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped chunky
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs tomato puree
- 6 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can cannelini beans, drained, rinsed
- Fresh basil and parsley, handful of each
- Heat oil in deep dip pan over medium heat. Cook the zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms until they begin to soften (do not cook too long, they will be cooked further later in the recipe). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook onion, capsicum and garlic until softened. Add tomato puree and stir until combined. Add red wine and cook on high heat for 1 min. Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 mins (until slightly thickened).
- Return other vegetables to the pan and simmer 10 mins.
- Stir through cannelini beans. Remove from heat, stir in the fresh herbs & serve.
You may enjoy this dish with roast pumpkin, pasta, grilled meat, rocket salad or as it is!