When I’m looking for easy, quick preparation, and delicious, I can’t go past Salmon Bake in the Slow Cooker.
As many parents can attest, dinner time is crunch time. Kids are tired and hungry. Cooking at that time can be gruelling, and you can end up either leaving the dinner to burn, or the kids to scream and fight. That is why I love my slow cooker. Throw it all in immediately after breakfast, and it’s ready to serve at dinner time. We all love the salmon bake. Kids included!
Salmon Bake Ingredients (in rough order)
- Onion/ leek/ fennel or all three (to cover the base of the slow cooker)
- Arborio rice (about 1.5 cups)
- Mixed italian herbs (a liberal covering)
- Home made chicken stock paste (half a tablespoon – more if you like it salty)
- Vegetables to almost fill the slow cooker (I often include broccoli, pumpkin, potato, spinach, whatever is in the fridge)
- Tinned salmon (4 tins) with salmon juice
- Aoli Egg Mayonnaise (275g)
- Put all the ingredients in, roughly in order, up to the salmon with juice.
- Cook for at least 6 hours on low
- Stir through the Egg Mayonnaise and cashews
- Garnish with avocado
So easy and so delicious!
What are your favourite slow cooker dishes? Please comment. Links to good slow cooker recipes welcome!